Saturday, December 3, 2011

holiday happenings with the hubby...




It was so much more than I thought.

The plan for today: Luis and I were going to do a tasting at Giracci Vineyards, a winery he found in Orange County that opened not too long ago. (He originally found it by chance, after getting a flat tire on his bicycle in the area.) After that, we were going to check out Christmas trees at the Christmas Tree farm up the road, decorate, and then meet my family for dinner in the evening.

Well, this morning I was in a sleepy... lazy... wanting to cuddle (with Poh, my puppy) mood. Luis rushed me a bit and said we had a lot to do, with all the decorating, so we should get going.... I eventually got ready, nothing fancy (ripped jeans, old jacket), and we eventually headed out the door.

Well, we pull up to the winery, I take my time getting out of the car (had to at least put some mascara on) and we walk up to the front entrance. As we approach... I hear shouts, which startle me at first, and then lead to a slight feeling of confusion, shock, and disorientation. I literally feel as if I'm trying to manually focus my eyes, as I would on my camera.... Eventually (a matter of seconds, really) it all becomes clear and I realize I am surrounded by family and friends and a whole surprise birthday spread! All a bit overwhelming... in a lovely way.


I had absolutely no idea, and I love Luis for pulling it off and keeping me completely OBLIVIOUS (though that part is not really that hard). We drank wine, walked around the gorgeous property, visited the horses in the stable (Rusty is the one with the teeth), and just enjoyed the Saturday afternoon chill. It was perfection. 
A few friends keeping warm in the sun.

Made by Diane! She knows I love chocolate. Thank you!

Luis does so much, loves so much, means so much and I am SO blessed to have him.


Most of the pictures from the vineyard were taken by my mom and others, so I only have these few from my camera to share.




However, I did take quite a bit at the Christmas Tree farm. 
The following document our search for our tree. Magical!

 




broke out into fits of laugher

spontaneous game of hide-and-seek






Though TONS of fun, no luck with our tree.
 After a long search at the farm, we decided to do our final purchase at Home Depot. This is where we've gone the last couple of years. The prices are  very affordable and they have some nice trees.

 At the farm, most of the ones we liked were either out of our price range, or sold already... but NEXT year, we'll try to come right after Thanksgiving and claim one! I loved walking around the trees, in any case, and would recommend taking a visit!

Got home to find a box of Krispy Kremes on the doorstep! ...Says, "From: John Wayne."
He must have gotten hungry... there were 2 missing. But still... how thoughtful of John.


BTW... I'm still 29. Not 30 till Monday. ;)




2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!

    i look forward to seeing you later on today. what a fun weekend for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! I didn't know this place existed! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete