Saturday, March 17, 2012

for Key

Every little bit helps...


Exactly one week ago my cousin Lola posted a prayer request for my cousin in Mexico via Facebook. 
I immediately posted my own in order to help spread the word.


Here is my first post: 
This is my cousin Key... (Pronounced K.) She's 15 and lives in mexico city. This week she's starting a new round of chemotherapy. from what I understand, this is the 2nd time it's come back and she's been battling cancer for over a year. Her parents are pretty much out of money for treatment and they really need help. I'm not asking for money, just prayers and support. Another cousin here in westminster is going to be setting up a yard sale for her some time soon and I want to support it as much as I can. If you would like to donate items to sell, if you've done some early spring cleaning, or would like to do some shopping at the sale, let me know. I'll keep you posted for more information. I really don't know Key much at all since I don't visit mexico city as often anymore, but when I saw her photo for the first time a few weeks ago I felt instantly connected and my heart literally started to ache. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, even if you're simply reminded of her when taking out your ”keys.” thanks to those of you who've been praying. I'm sure she can feel it.


Literally the next morning I had tons of messages, comments, and texts asking how to help. Since then we have had people from all over donate items, money, care packages, artwork, hand-made crafts, time, prayers, and words of encouragement. It's been overwhelming and motivating! 


Little by little we have gotten more and more support from friends, co-workers, and extended family.  There are now multiple dates planned for donations, sales, and potential for other possible events and in May, my aunt will take over the proceeds and gifts/letters that people have put together for Key. God has blessed us with compassionate friends who care and are keeping us moving forward. My cousin Lola was the catalyst for this whole thing and I'm excited to see where it will go. 


UPDATE March 27th: The first sale went really well, generating over $400, not including all of the donations that we have continued to receive.
Thank you to those who attended, those who donated items, and those who are continuing to pray and offer support for her!
Every little bit will continue to help. 

There will be another sale this weekend and more in the future.  
Thank you so very much. 

Her mother, Erika, recently updated us. 
Here is what she said: 
(translation below) 

"Gracias a todos por su apoyo Katlin esta bien tiene buen animo estas quimios no la hacen sentir tan mal, eso si no le gusta la comida del hospital, así que aveces le llevamos comida a escondidas, Mañana va por la 3er quimioterapia, Katlin agradece sus oraciones y esta sorprendida de que mucha gente esta rezando por su pronta recuperación . Mil gracias a todos Que dios los llene de Bendiciones.


Thank you all for your support Katlin is well and in a good mood, these chemotherapy do not make it feell so bad. She dislikes the hospital food, some times we bring her food from home. Tomorrow is her third chemotherapy. She appreciates your prayers and she is surprised by that many people are praying for her full recovery. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how God places people in our lives huh? Gotta also love social media! Continued prayers going out to Kay and your family for sure. I look forward to hearing more about her and her continued recovery. Much love!

    ReplyDelete